The Virtual Nanotechnology Ecosystem platform as a joint venture between STATNANO and NANOPOLIS was officially unveiled on October 25 at the 5th International Roundtable on Nanotechnology (IRN) in China.
Nanotechnology is going to play a crucial role in global business and socio-economic development as an interdisciplinary strategy. The efficient flow of knowledge and information as well as various levels of interactions inside a global innovation ecosystem can facilitate the sustainable development of nanotechnology and its applications.
With a main focus on the theme "Global Virtual Nano Ecosystem", the 5th International Roundtable on Nanotechnology (IRN) was held on Oct. 25 at Suzhou International Expo Center, Suzhou Industrial Park, China. This forum aimed at dealing with various aspects of a comprehensive global virtual nanotechnology ecosystem with a focus on the role of ICT platforms and tools, where participants can exchange their national and international experiences in this regard.
The forum scope and topics includes but not limited to:
At the end of the forum, the Nanoecosystem Platform was officially unveiled. The aim behind this portal was to provide a platform based on which a broad spectrum of nanotechnology players can take advantage of a wide range of provided services.
Forum key speakers are as follows:
- Dr. Xijun ZHANG, Chairman/President, Nanopolis Suzhou Co. ,Ltd
- Prof. Sarkar, Secretary General, Iran Nanotechnology Innovation Council
- Prof. Lars Montelius, Director, International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
- Mr. Michel Weeda, Program Manager High Tech & Services, Brabant Development Agency
- Dr. Rezal Khairi Ahmad, CEO, NanoMalaysia Berhad
- Dr. George Sergiadis, Professor, Technical University Munich
- Mr. Saeed Dehghani, CEO, Onvega